Nothing smells as good as flowers blooming in the garden. Countless companies have tried to bottle that smell but none have succeeded. A garden in full bloom is absolutely gorgeous and smells divine. However not all flowers smell as good as some others, everyone has their favorites but here are the most popular flowers that are universally loved because of their scents.
- Roses: When you think of flowers that smell good then roses are probably the first thing that comes to mind. Roses are adored by everyone and they have been given to loved ones for hundreds of years because of their tantalizing scent.
- Lavender: Lavender scent has been used in soaps and lotions for hundreds of years and France has fields and fields of lavender because the plant is so hugely popular. Lavender is also used in essential oils because of its relaxing properties.
- Jasmine: Like lavender, jasmine is another scent that is popular in soaps and deodorants. It reminds you of hot summer nights in the Deep South, jasmine is not just sweet smelling but the scent lingers leaving your rooms and gardens smelling divine.
- Lilacs: Lilacs don’t bloom very often only a couple of times a year but the smell makes it worthwhile. These delicate purple buds indicate the first sign of spring.
- Gardenias: Gardenias not only smell fantastic but they bloom all of the time and they don’t need you to do a lot of work. Gardenias are often featured in wedding bouquets.
- Hyacinth: Hyacinths come in a variety of different colors and each color smells unique.
- Sweetshrub: These flowers were named after a Goddess so that alone should tell you how good they smell. It is said that each person gets a different scent when they smell these flowers.
- Eucalyptus: You should note that there is a eucalyptus tree and a shrub, the one that smell divine is the shrub. The scent is subtle yet sweet and it would make a fine addition to your garden.
- Geraniums: Geraniums come in over 200 varieties so you can find one that looks amazing in your garden all of them have sweet smelling flowers. You can add different colors throughout the garden.
There are dozens upon dozens of different flowers that you can add to your garden that smell beautifully. If you don’t already have some favorites then take your time and choose something that you can enjoy for years to come.